Saturday, November 26, 2011

Maine Trip Part 2 Book Club and Library Tour

While in Maine I went to my sister's book club with her- it was Saturday morning at the Pittsfield Library.  Everyone brought a breakfast dish to share and we discussed The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
Before we started our discussion we were given a tour of the library (one of the club members is the librarian).  The dome mural was awesome- painted by a Maine humorist Tim Sample.


cool bench made from card catalogue
cozy area
kids area
We had a great discussion about the book and other books and various other topics.
I joked that I might have to join the next meeting via Skype- but I did enjoy the group and I wish they were closer.  I plan to read the next book that they are reading called The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that library AMAZING!!! makes me want to drive 1.5 hours north just to hang out there! :) It was so nice to have you join us at the book club!!! (I am soooo sorry that I forgot to introduce you!!! *blush*) Thanks for posting those photos...I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great short blog note on coming to our book club mtg...great pics...nice to meet you...we do have a wonderful group of gals, don't we? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks so much for posting these, Meghan. I do love my library and am so happy you enjoyed the book club. And you know,we really can Skype for next one!

    ReplyDelete