Sunday, July 5, 2009

Projects around the house

























































































































Now that I have a camera again I can share pictures of our recent projects. We decided it was time to remodel Sydney's bathroom which she will share with her brother when he arrives. I wanted something that would work for both a boy and a girl and yet be suitable and fun for the kids. I love to look at Pottery barn catalogs for ideas and I saw the cutest but definitely not cheap decal for the walls. I decided to stencil the walls and it turned out so cute. Sydney enjoys looking at all the creatures on the walls. Our friend Wade helped us with the remodel and we are both thrilled with the way things turned out. I still need to get the towels personalized but otherwise the bathroom is finished!















We also painted the nursery and got new carpet. While my parents were in town we drove to Charlotte and spent the better part of a day in a new IKEA store, we think we have decided on a crib and furniture! Less than 4 months and our little guy will be here! Since we will need the crib mattress for the baby we converted Sydney's bed to a big bed and bought her new bedding. She was gracious and gave up her bed for grammie and grandpa and she slept in her little tent in the nursery. She loves her big girl bed and we both enjoy reading books to her in her bed. It is much easier for me to lay or sit beside her and read than for her to sit on my lap these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment